NDD RULES OF PARTICIPATION
While this is a day meant to be celebrated by all dog lovers, National Dog Day is a brand that is protected just like any other and relies strictly on the financial support of its partners. To protect the rights of our current partners and sponsors, the integrity of our mission and the safety of dogs everywhere, we do not allow any sales campaigns or events to take place without our knowledge and approval. These guidelines are for everyone, but especially if you're a small business or corporation planning to celebrate, please respect our "Rules of Participation" below. Thank you!
If you're a for-profit business that wants to host a sales campaign, contest, event or use our name (or branding) in a press release, please respect our rights. For more legal information regarding this, please contact us through our PR Team to learn more or become an official partner.
If you simply want to post a cute photo of a dog and wish your followers a "Happy
#NationalDogDay", please contact us so we have the opportunity to preview what you're sharing and make sure that your company post does not interfere with/cause unfair competition to our current official partners. We reserve the right to deny approval of your request based many internal factors, including the reputation and quality of your product or service. Our mission is to first and foremost, promote adoption and the health and wellness of dogs everywhere, as well as preserve the integrity of this day and our official partners.
Please also adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Do not use our name or branding on your website in promotion of your pre-approved social post.
2. You must include the link @nationaldogday back to our social page of all social platforms you're posting on, i.e. Facebook, IG and Twitter. If you are truly promoting this day to celebrate and help dogs, this should not be an unreasonable request.
3. Please do not use or screenshot photos from our website or copy any of our "Ways to Celebrate" from our website, to your your website or social media posts.
4. Please ensure that when making an approved social media post, your company owns the licensing rights to any photo you post in association with National Dog Day and its hashtag.
While you may not understand why these policies exist, we very much appreciate you respecting them.
WE DO NOT ENGAGE IN PARTNERSHIPS WITH BUSINESSES
THAT SELL DOGS FROM PUPPY MILLS
To inquire about official partnership, click here.
If your city, county or state would like to create a promotion or host an event, please contact us to discuss the details. Please also read our guidelines in the section above for "Businesses" as those also may apply to you.
& STATE GOVTS
SHELTERS, RESCUES &
If you plan to host an event or
promotion of fundraising products on your website or through social media, please contact us. You must be a valid nonprofit and your plans must be pre-approved.
Check out our Shelter Partner page and gain extra exposure for your events and adoptables!
Thank you for wanting to spread the word of this important day. Please refer to the following guidelines in using our name, images and branding for your features, articles, radio shows, TV segments and blogs.
1. We do not approve of articles using our name and branding that link to third party advertisers that are not officially partnered with us. This causes public confusion and competitive issues with current official partners. We will forward any such copy to our legal dept.
2. We request and very much appreciate that when writing about National Dog Day, you place a link to NationalDogDay.com so people can learn more and visit our site. We will soon have a news section that will feature our favorite articles that include our URL.
3. Reporters please note: Our founder, Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert Colleen Paige, is always very busy but even more busy, a month leading up to one of her more popular holidays. Please send an interview request and to maximize time, please also include email questions she can answer via email, if she is unable to accommodate your live interview request. Thank you.